The Great Cat
is a site for cat lovers interested in the cat’s contribution to history, art and literature. However, submissions of tasteful current news stories and personal anecdotes are welcome. Topics might include: Paintings, vintage photos, funny videos, cat breeds, rescue stories, heroic deeds, and amusing anecdotes. Stories, photos and videos where the cat is seen as demeaned in any way will not be accepted.
- Content must be your own original work and not published anywhere else online.
- Submissions must be written in correct Standard English. Grammar and spelling must be correct or the submission may be rejected.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please site your sources accordingly.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us, you may not publish this post anywhere else online (not on your own website or blog or anyone else’s).
- Please keep your submission between 200 – 1,000 words.
The Great Cat prefers that images/videos you provide are directly relevant to the post content or include a relevant description.
- If you’re including pictures of people, please make sure you have their permission to use them.
- If you’re borrowing an image, we require proper attribution to the creator of the image.
- Maximum image size: 2MB
- The Great Cat is pleased to give you credit as the author of your post. We allow 1 link in your byline which will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your submission. This may not be an affiliate link or point to an affiliate site.
- We don’t allow links to your site within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic.
- You may include SEO’d anchor tags to sites that are relevant to your post.
- Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
- The Great Cat reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the content stays congruous with our values. Prior to publication of your submission, we will make sure you agree with these changes.
- If a guest post is inappropriate or needs improvement, we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so that we can publish it in the future.
- The Great Cat reserves the right to refuse publication, remove content and change these guidelines as needed.
How to submit:
You must be a subscriber of The Great Cat in order to submit materials for publication (each page has a sign up form on the right side). If you have subscribed, please click on the Submissions link and you will be taken to the Submission Form page at http://www.thegreatcat.org/submission-form/